Feed your hormones for balance
If you haven’t tried anything like this, I highly encourage you to try this!
It tastes amazing. (I have a video on “how to make” below.)
The great thing about this is not only the taste, but how great this is for you!
And you can serve it to your family and company. I have and everyone loved it!
As you can see in the picture it is great as a spread and basically you would use it just like you would use tuna salad.
I also love it in salad rolls, nori rolls and any kind of wraps.
Here is the video where you get to see how easy it is to make!
Walnut Artichoke Paté
- 1 C raw walnuts (try substituting for pecans or cashews, even almonds if you want)
- ½ C raw sunflower seeds
- 2-3 chopped artichokes
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onion (or another onion)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice (or combination)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Soak walnuts and sunflower seeds for about 3-6 hours.
Drain and rinse with filtered water.
(I kept them in fridge overnight without a lid and they dried up a bit which is good.)
– In a food processor add the soaked walnuts, sunflower seeds, celery, garlic & onions
– Process a bit to break down
– Stirring often and scrape sides
– Then add the spices, chopped artichoke, lemon juice and oil
– Keep processing until it is the consistency you would like
Taste and adjust flavours.
Store in fridge. Will probably last in fridge 4-5 days.
This spread is great on crackers, celery sticks, wrapped in a lettuce leaf, on a romaine lettuce leaf with sprouts, pickles or bell pepper.
Give this a try and I am sure you will LOVE it!
Health & Happiness!