CHICKPEA ARTICHOKE SPREAD
This is fast, easy, healthy & delicious!
This spread would also be great in lettuce wraps, on celery, crackers or anything else you can think of.
I suggest you also add some fresh greens, thinly sliced bell peppers or cucumber and sprouts or even avocado when using in a wrap. ALWAYS remember to use less of the “starch” and more of the greens, sprouts and veggies in all of your dishes.
I used chickpeas because I had them but I highly suggest trying this with WHITE BEANS instead of chickpeas.
I made a small batch to start as I was making this up as I went (in the video) and had never made it before so if you love this just double the recipe to make more.
- 1 C cooked or canned chickpeas (use organic – read label)
- 1/4 C chopped artichokes
- 3 tbsp shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp chopped celery
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini (you can leave this out, maybe just add a bit of water to thin)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (from real lemon)
- 1/2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a shallow wider bowl add the chickpeas and mash until broken down.
Add the oil, lemon juice, tahini (or water) and spices and stir to mix well.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
Taste and adjust to your taste.
My boyfriend LOVED THIS!!! I make a lot of things but he really liked this so let your family try it – they may love it!
You can flavour this spread in various ways instead of what I did above. You can try:
- Italian spices and fresh herbs
- Turmeric, curry powder, cumin & paprika
- Chili powder, paprika, cayenne or sriracha
Fast, easy, delicious & nutritious!
Health, Happiness, Passion & Purpose!