These cookies, loaded with nutrient dense grains, nuts, seeds and of course BLUEBERRIES are so good!
I brought some of them when I went to visit my mom and I was surprised how much she loved them!
Why I love cookies like this is that they taste good, they are healthy and they are FULL of fibre and nutrients. They are also filling! I like them as a mid-morning or as a breakfast cookie.
These would be great for travelling and to take with you when you are out all day and don't have a lot of time to stop for something to eat.
BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST COOKIES
1/4 C Coconut flour
1 C muesli (or use whole oats)
1 C whole oats (grind into flour)
1/4 C ground flax
2 Tbsp whole flax seeds
1/2 C chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1/4 C pumpkin seeds (you can sub sunflower seeds)
1/4 C sesame seeds (you do not need these or sub with another nut or seed)
3/4 C almond milk (from store) – you may need more
1 1/2 -2 C blueberries (I used frozen wild blueberries)
1 egg (if not using egg mix 1 Tbsp ground flax with 2 Tbsp water and let sit for 10 minutes)
1/4 C + 1 Tbsp oil (grapeseed, sunflower or coconut oil)
For sweetener: You could use 1/2 C of raw sugar (or coconut sugar) – I used a mix listed below
What I used: 2 Tbsp raw sugar, 2 Tbsp maple syrup, 1/4 C honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp himalayan or sea salt
Oven at 350-380 (depends on heat of your oven)
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients (except sugar) and stir to mix
- Add the wet ingredients and the sugar and stir to mix
- Add the blueberries to the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients into the larger bowl of dry ingredients and stir to mix
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop some cookie mixture out and squeeze into a ball then flatten a bit into cookie on cookie sheet
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes – check often because every person's oven is different
Keep some out and put the rest in the freezer.
I hope you enjoy these – I sure do. I hope you do too!
Come and be a part of my Facebook Community where I post videos, motivation, inspiration, recipes, recipe videos, ideas for prepping food and you can ask me questions:
Health, Happiness, Passion & Purpose